Saturday, January 2, 2010

My Top Photos of 2009

This blog hasn't been around for a year. In fact, it has barely been around for 3 months and only has 22 posts (as of this writing). But, I have had a Flickr account for the better part of a year, so here are my top 5 viewed photos for 2009.Now, some variations of the same basic photos showed up in my list, so I've included them together instead of separating them out. It's just more interesting that way.

5.
1957 Ford Fairlane (Wide) Black & White
 
One of my favorites, for sure! She was a beauty! See the rest of the 1957 Ford Fairlane set.

4.
1953 Dodge Coronet (Wagon)


I get a LOT of photo search results for Dodge Coronets. But who wouldn’t' want to see her? Just look at her shine! See the rest of the 1953 Dodge Coronet Wagon photo set.

3.
Carnival Rides
 
This picture was taken at the Wright County Fair. I'm not sure why it is so popular, there really isn't anything special about it. But I'm not complaining :)

2.
Giant Alphabet Blocks ~ Black & White with Color Splash
 
I love the Black & White with a Touch of Color group on Flickr. This picture is very popular and I'm not sure why, but this is quite easily one of my favorite photos of the year. The color version of this photo also popped up in my top 5 (4).

1.
Mustang Symbol (Squared)

 
This is my #1 viewed photo on Flickr and it was uploaded just in October, so it has become very popular, very fast. See the 1972 Ford Mustang Grande it was on. On a sidenote, this is the only picture I've taken with my new camera to broach the top 5. All of the rest were taken with a digital camera that was almost 10 years old.

Looking at my top 5, I think I might have a pre-occupation with classic cars. Oh, but they make such good subjects! Especially with the 365 project I've started, I am excited to see what the next year will bring for me, photographically!

Do you have a top 5 or 10 photo list for your photo blog? Leave your link in the comments so we can see!

Sara Duane-Gladden is a freelance writer and photographer in the Twin Cities area of the great state of Minnesota.  

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! :) I really like that photo too, glad other people like it :)

    ReplyDelete