Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pinterest

One of my new favorite online toys for photography and inspiration is Pinterest.

Pinterest is a tool that allows users to organize and share all the beautiful images and videos they find on the web. It is like a virtual pinboard or collage to which one can continuously add.

Some of the suggestions for its use are to plan weddings, decorate a home, organize recipes or plan crafting projects.

Of course, I'm using it for my own ends. I have nine pinboards on Pinterest so far, mostly for inspiration or aspirations, including:
I've actually already made a recipe off of the "Mmm" pinboard, too! Sweet potato casserole! And it was delicious, I'll be making it again. I also have plans to create the Flower Power eggs in the future. The Dream Home will be a little harder to make, though.

Users can also browse pinboards created by other people and follow their creators so you can see how they evolve in the future. Browsing pinboards is a fun way to find images and inspiration from other people who share your interests.

It isn't yet completely open to the public. To get started, one must ask for an invite. It doesn't seem to take long for approval though, I was pinning within a few hours of my request.

For me, it is just a fun new online toy to share some of the interesting things I find on the internet. :)

Do you use a content curation tool that you particularly like? Share it in the comments.

See also: Scoop.It!

No comments:

Post a Comment